The IREM Asset & Property Management Symposium was an high caliber hodgepodge of real estate principals, managers, executives, brokers, service providers and more. The role in focus however, was the Property Manager and its rapidly changing demands.
As the Department of Labor forecasts the number of property management jobs to decline, and the scope of the job to increase, everyone in the building and asset management space feels the ripple. In the roundtable discussion, The Incredibly Expanding Job: Changing Demands & Skill Sets of Real Estate Managers, five panelists addressed such issues and the impact emerging technologies have on the position.
Watch the highlights from the conference’s roundtable as they discuss today’s demands on property managers, the skills needed to succeed in the role, international differences and evolving trends and best practices.
- Cindy Clare, President of Kettler Management
- Hector Pinero, SVP of Related Management
- Linda Aronson, Managing Director of Jones Lang LaSalle
- Scott Sidman, SVP of Building Engines
- Ingo Kraus, President-Elect of the Delaware Valley Chapter (3), IREM