Managing retail properties is no walk in the park and operational risk is everywhere!
Property management teams have to be master jugglers – working fast and on-the-go to respond to many tenants, properties and vendors. Fortunately, web and mobile tools make it easy.
They allow you to automate the hundreds of operational tasks you do everyday through a central platform and complete work from any mobile device, such as:
- Send Emergency Communications in minutes
- Track and manage incidents
- Track and analyze vendor performance
- Stay on top of maintenance and inspections
Building Engines is the only property management software with all the tools to make managing retail properties a breeze. Companies like Kemper Development Company, Harsch Investment Properties and Ramco Gershenson are already in the know – and you should be too.
Here are the top 4 ways Building Engines’ Property Management Software can improve your operations:
1. Reduce Risk Exposure & Loss
- Emergency Messaging: Send communications in minutes to custom contact groups for tenants, employees and vendors during critical situations.
- Incident Tracking: Capture the right information on the scene (including photos and documents from your mobile device!) and easilyrun incident reports for tracking and risk assessment.
- Certificates of Insurance: View certificates that are current, about to expire and overdue with the At-A-Glance COI Dashboard, and create automatic reminders for expiring COIs, so your property is never at risk.
2. A Perfect Fit for Your Mobile Team
- BE-Mobile App: Stay connected at all times and easily access property information from any mobile device.* Since BE-Mobile works offline and in areas of low connectivity, you can capture incident and maintenance data from anywhere you work.
- Mobile Inspections: Create inspections in minutes for all common inspection types- including client interviews, vacant spaces, facilities and grounds.
- Mobile Tenant Center: Ideal for the property manager on the move! Look up critical tenant and vendor information, historical data and documents on-the-go.
3. Vendor Management
- Simple Work Assignment: Assign work to vendors and enable them to access updated work status, work hours, and material expenses, using the same system as your staff.
- Evaluate Performance: Enjoy the convenience of vendor data that is automatically updated in real-time and seamlessly integrated into one central location. And gain the insight you need with reports by vendor or property.
4. Maintenance Management
- Tenant Maintenance: With tenants, vendors and your team using the same database, it’s easy to track tenant-completed maintenance and reduce deferred maintenance disputes at the end of a lease.
- Better Preventive Maintenance: Automate and track the preventive maintenance you are responsible for such as roof, parking lots, lighting, etc.