How can you manage energy more efficiently?
By now, we all know the importance of practicing Preventive Maintenance. The more important question today is, do you have a comprehensive program in place that addresses not only time-based maintenance tasks, but also predictive maintenance? A good predictive maintenance component can save you 15% is energy costs- a number not to be scoffed at when energy costs are responsible for 40% of the average building’s overall costs.
Here is one example of the different methods that can be combined to save energy costs for an HVAC:
- Program temperature set point according to occupancy
- Adapt heating or cooling production power according to real building needs
- Raise temperature to comfort level when occupant presence is detected
- Adapt ventilation flow according to occupancy or internal air pollution level
- Recover heating or cooling energy from extracted air