You asked for it, so we built it. As we reported in our recent ‘Product Bytes’ post, it is now possible to select an exact location within a building when submitting a self-reported work order.
Let’s see what adding a suite location looks like
Meet Janet. Janet is a property manager at the 999 Peachtree Street office property. She notices a problem that should be turned into a self-reported work order, and wants to let her team know about it before she hops into a meeting.
Its a good thing that Janet that uses Building Engines Property Management Software, which features a true mobile app for iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android, and Blackberry. She opens her phone, and fills in a self-reported work order request, making sure to note that the spill is on the Ground Floor, in the Main Entrance.
Now Janet can rely on her team to quickly rectify the problem, and get to that meeting!
How does it work?
The new extended suite tools empower you to tag specific resource spaces, vacant tenant suites, and non-tenant areas for work orders, so your team knows exactly where to complete a task.
All you have to do is start creating a self-reported work order, and select the pre-configured space in the ‘Floor / Suite’ dropdown menu.
Tip: If you have a lot of suites, you can begin typing the name of the suite, and the field will automatically display related suites based on your entry.
Don’t have individual resource spaces, vacant tenant suites, or non-tenant areas configured yet? No problem.
- In the ‘Admin’ dropdown menu (available for admins only), navigate to ‘Building Settings,’ and ‘Space Management.’
- Once you are on the ‘Space Management’ page, select the property you are looking to configure, and click on the ‘Show Building Setup’ on the left-hand side of your screen.
- You will now see a list of all the building floors, and any configured spaces within each floor. To add a space to a floor, click on the floor, and select ‘Add a Room.’
- A pop-up will appear, asking how many rooms that you would like to add. Enter the total, and then fill in your ‘Suite Name,’ ‘Square Footage,’ and ‘Room Type.’
- Click ‘Save’ when you are done!
Feel free to call our support team directly at: 781-290-5300, or by email at email@example.com to create a ticket.